Raise Eyebrows – Black Widow Tour Silk in White or Black
The Black Widow range is becoming ever more popular in the golf grip world. The quirky grip designs are attracting attention and hopefully lowering scores. These grips are the perfect match for the player who favours a bold and distinctive design. Don’t let their looks fool you; the Black Widow Tour Silk golf grips (White or Black) incorporate Web Traction Technology™.
Black Widow Tour Silk features a medium-firm, tacky tour feel with the Softspike traction interlocking "S" pattern for greater feel and performance. I have tested this grip on a Callaway RAZR X Forged 5 iron and the feel was extremely good. The rubber is very soft and tacky to the touch. The Black Widow Tour Silk is a versatile grip that I would recommend for all playing abilities and is competent in all climate conditions.
The pricing of this grip has been aimed at the Golf Pride Tour Velvet and the Lamkin Crossline Black. The beauty of the Black Widow Tour Silk is that it comes in two colour options, Black or White, to suit the style of the golfer; something that is not available from the Tour Velvet or the Crossline Black. The price of the Tour Silk is extremely competitive and is cheaper than its two rivals, something that is of importance when re-gripping a full set of golf clubs.
This grip is making quite a stir out on the PGA Tour. Justin Rose recently selected Black Widow Tour Silk Black grips fitted to be fitted to a new set of irons currently being built for him by his Club Repair Specialist. J.B. Holmes has recently put a Black Widow Torque (Black) on a new hybrid, with the idea to of adding this grip to his full set of irons in the near future.
With the professionals looking to use the Black Widow range, it will not be long before these grips explode on to the amateur circuit. Check back soon to see who will be utilising the Black Widow range next.
- A new range of golf grips with some interesting names from the pro ranks signing up to use this brand.
- The Black Widow Tour Silk performs well in all weather conditions.
- Priced competitively to go head to head with Golf Pride and Lamkin.
- Black Widow is a new brand of golf grip on the market; time will tell if it can take on the throne of the Golf Pride Tour Velvet. It is, however, a quality mid range golf grip with good colour choices to suit the tastes of all golfers.
- Some may prefer the even tackier grip surface of the 2G from Golf Pride.
Golf Grip Specifications
- Black Widow
- Tour Silk
- Round 0.600
- White or Black
About the Reviewer
- Andrew Bell
- Durham City Golf Club
- Currently Using:
- Lamkin Crossline Full Cord