The new Golf Pride Players Wrap putter grip combines style and touch with a smart look and innovative design. Visually this putter grip will stand out from the crowd.
The arched-pistol shape pairs a smooth paddle front and a half wrap back in a simulated leather wrap, providing added comfort and touch on the greens.
I have tested this grip on an Odyssey White Ice putter, and weighing only 48 grams I was expecting the grip to make the head feel light, however this was not the case – the putter grip fitted seamlessly within my hands and the putter felt the perfect weight.
The Golf Pride Players Wrap putter grip has been launched to go head to head with the Lamkin EBL 3GEN Smooth Pistol putter grip. The slightly higher retail price of the Golf Pride Players Wrap is worth the extra spend, for the added soft feel compared to the harder Lamkin EBL 3GEN Smooth Pistol putter grip.
The rubber is extremely soft and tacky for the ultimate feel and control; I can see this grip being a huge success in the pro and amateur ranks.
The Golf Pride Players Wrap is a versatile putter grip that I would recommend for all playing abilities and is competent in all climate conditions. This putter grip is currently being used by Lucas Glover at The Open Championship, Royal St. Georges.
Golf Pride Players Wrap Pros
- Great new shape combining a pistol and paddle design all in one – strangely enough it works brilliantly.
- Extremely tacky, for a great feel and touch.
- The Players Wrap looks striking in White – you will stand out from the crowd.
Golf Pride Players Wrap Cons
- A slightly higher retail price compared to other grips in this sector, but the added feel more than out weighs the cost.
- The Players Wrap is currently only available in white but maybe more colours will appear soon.
Golf Pride Players Wrap Specifications
- Golf Pride
- Players Wrap - Seamless Half Wrap
- Round 0.580
About the Reviewer
- Andrew Bell
- Durham City Golf Club
- Currently Using:
- Lamkin EBL 3GEN Smooth - White